Have you ever wondered how you are going to find something to do everyday with your children while on holidays at home? Well, look no further there are so many cool things to do this mid-term with your children that you will be spoilt for choice.
1. Movie Junction Drive-in Cinema has it sorted for you. 2 beautiful animations for families, so 2 late afternoons sorted.
– Brand new ‘Cloudy with a chance of meatballs 2’ is on everyday at 7pm for 2 weeks. Believe me, you will enjoy it too, as there is something for everyone in this well designed and funny animation.
– A special treat for all – all time Halloween Classic (1993) ‘The Nightmare before Christmas’ is back for a week only on screen 1 at 6:30pm daily from Friday 25th of October until Saturday 2nd of November included. I spoke to 2 families last night who saw it and they really enjoyed it. 5 children in a car with their parents enjoying popcorns and pizza while watching The Pumpkin King do its magic, that was something. The children loved it and couldn’t stop talking about it, telling me all about their favourite scenes in the movie. The delight on their face was so nice to see.
2. Cork Jazz Festival: I will definitively attend some of these events with my two children. Here are the options that I have selected for families
– Saturday 26th: School of Music at 12.30; Silver spring Hotel at 14:30pm; Daunt Square Plaza (McDo/Argos) at 14:30, Metropole Hotel all day (Brilliant last year during the day for family fun) and so is The Boardwalk from 1pm onward. Hayfield Manor at 4pm; and last but not least, the City Gate Cafe at 3pm – a Jazz show designed for kids. There is a market in Emmet Place Plaza also.
– Sunday 27th: The Metrople Hotel, The Boardwalk, The Silver Spring Hotel and street entertainment in Cork City
– Monday Bank Holiday: Boardwalk 1.30pm; Riverside Hotel 5pm to 7pm; Dancing at the Electric 3pm; Camdem Palace hotel – blue building across from Opera House. for a Family Fun day from 3pm until 7pm.
3. Jedward at INEC Killarney on Sunday 27th at 5:30pm. Not in Cork but worth the trip for sure.
4. Halloween experience at Hanleys starting this Tuesday at 5:30pm Daily. I will go for sure once. People say it is very good, so I will give it a go. €12.00 per child. Kid’s Halloween tea party.
5. A trip to one of the amazing open farms located around Cork. Leahy’s open farm (near Midleton), Rumley’s Open Farm (on the way to Bandon on the Cork side) and Tir Na Si open farm with indoor playground. I love the homemade and gluten free cakes. http://www.leahysopenfarm.ie/ & www.rumleysfarm.ie/ & http://tirnasi.com/
6. Youghaloween Spooktacular check out http://www.youghal4all.com, 25/10/2013 to 27/10/2013
7. Halloween TRICK & TREATS at Movie Junction Drive-in cinema at 6pm on the 31st of October before ‘Cloudy 2’ and ‘The Nightmare Before Christmas start’. Movie Junction provides a safe and fun environment for Trick & Treat. There will be sweets at the ticket desk off course but also Free small pack of Haribo sweets for children dressed with Halloween costumes. Are you ready for a fun night out at the Drive-in?
8. Cork Observatory Halloween day out in Blackrock Castle. Check it out at www.bco.ie or 021 4357917 – open 11 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday and Sunday/bank holiday 10 am to 5pm
9. Little Horror Halloween 21/10 to 31/10 on the Lee Road- http://www.lifestimelab.ie and 021 4941500
10: and for teenagers The Nightmare Realm – http://www.thenightmarerealm.ie/
Well, here are a few ideas that may well suit your family. I guess it is time to choose what you will do and how you will make this holiday time memorable for all. Enjoy!
11. Let me add just one more thing to do this Halloween, even though it is for Grown ups only:
The best of 2013 Horror movies are back at the Drive-in this Halloween for 4 nights only – Evil Dead and The Conjuring from Wednesday 30th to Saturday 2nd November included. Evil Dead will be showing at 8:45 pm and The Conjuring at 10:30pm. I watch both movies and they are simply excellent. I will go and see them again with my friends this time. Why not book our Double Bill Ticket for €25 for two movies? that a deal and order a pizza to make the best of your night out.
And for the one on you who will attend the Drive-in for the first time this week, just note that our team is very much looking forward to welcoming you to the most enjoyable cinema experience ever in the comfort of your own car. You will love it, so give it a go and don’t forget to tell us all about it afterwards.
Movie Junction Car Entry prices:
From €16 for 2 adults weekdays and €18 the weekend , €20 for 3 or 4 adults , and €24 for a family Car Entry. Movie Junction is opened 7 nights a week, all year round after dusk.
See you soon,